"She accepted it from then on. Books liked her. Books wanted to look after her. "
"Behind every exquisite thing that existed, there was something tragic. "
Oscar Wilde, The Picture of Dorian Gray
Book Geek Quote #462
I don’t think we’ve talked about the fact that this is one of my favorite books of all time.
There’s a character called Freddie Lyons who is the kind of character I want to write.
He is physically frail, unable to talk to girls, a snob against the privileged, sometimes completely rude and yet the most fearless person I have seen on a TV show in awhile.
So staunch in his beliefs he will face threats, fights for the truth and asks tough questions because he is unafraid of the answer.
This show had a wealth of complex and smart characters, but Freddie is the best.
I highly recommend this show as a character study. (Based off of series 1, I start series 2 tomorrow)
A few weeks ago, I asked you guys what your favorite books were. Here is HONESTYISTHEKEYTOTHESOUL 's favorite book!
Official Synopsis of “Cry Wolf” (Alpha & Omega #1) by Patricia Briggs:
Anna never knew werewolves existed, until the night she survived a violent attack… and became one herself. After three years at the bottom of the pack, she’d learned to keep her head down and never, ever trust dominant males. Then Charles Cornick, the enforcer—and son—of the leader of the North American werewolves, came into her life.
Charles insists that not only is Anna his mate, but she is also a rare and valued Omega wolf. And it is Anna’s inner strength and calming presence that will prove invaluable as she and Charles go on the hunt in search of a rogue werewolf—a creature bound in magic so dark that it could threaten all of the pack.
All lost in a book. Another image that will never make it into the mainstream media.
I love this
This makes my heart happy. I really hope it’s not posed.
YAY! A Follower Milestone Rafflecopter Giveaway!
It’s international. The giveaway end on the last day of April. 4/30.
To enter click HERE
- 4 Winners get to chose 1 e-book of their choice.
To gain an entry point:
THIS IS A RAFFLECOPTER GIVEAWAY DON”T JUST REBLOG!!!
- You must read the entire post.
- You must be following me, bookphile, No Giveaway Blogs
- Friend on goodreads
- Reblog this post (no likes)
- Tell me about your favorite book. This gets you 5 entries. Read the rules for more info.
- Follow on twitter (I’m branching out… )
- You must be following me. no giveaway blogs.
- Since these are e-books, you have to have either a nook or kindle app, they’re free for download, of if you can’t download, you can just get an webreader account. If you have a Kobo and Ipad… I think they only allow giftcards. I’d be willing to think about it. codeword: ice-cream.
- To gain the extra five entries, you have to tell me about your favorite book, what it means and to you and why. Make it interesting! Don’t just tell me it’s your favorite book because you love that genre! Send it via Ask or Fanmail. I will be choosing my favorite entries to post, so at the end tell me if I have your permission to post your answer (with name hidden or given). This is a really good example of what I’m looking for.
- You must be willing to give me the email connected to your e-reader so I can gift you the book.
- You will have 24 hours to answer before I chose another winner.
- a Rafflecopter giveaway
"Love is not the absence of logic, but logic examined and recalculated heated and curved to fit inside the contours of the heart. "
Tammara Webber, Easy
Book Geek Quote #461
This just got me SUPER excited to read the prequel
"The publishing industry looks a lot like these best-selling teenage dystopias: white and full of people destroying each other to survive."
A young writer that I mentor reached out to me last week. “None of these agents look like me,” she said, “and they don’t represent anyone that looks like me.” She’s wrapping up a final draft of her first novel and I’d told her to research literary agencies to get a feel for what’s out there. “What if they don’t get what I’m doing?”
reblogged to read for later.