My friends over at The Page Girls are celebrating the birthday and relaunch of their web magazine. It’s filled with stories and reviews! Yours truly will have a short story on their real soon ;-)
About The Page Girls
The Page Girls (www.thepagegirls.com) is a new online mag with an emphasis on books, cocktails, and female friendships. Each week, they publish a themed issue containing short stories, book reviews, personal and funny essays, videos, cocktail recipes, and more. Some sample issues include The Craziest Thing I Did For Love and LYLAS (Love You Like a Sister).
From July 21-25, The Page Girls is celebrating its first official “birthday week,” which means a giveaway every day plus other goodies.
Ebook giveaway (please choose one and I will send you a code for a free download to share with the winner!)
An Imaginary House by the Sea by Cecily Gates (Contemporary Romance)
HDU by India Lee (New Adult)
Normal is the Watchword by Jasmine Tru (YA Paranormal Thriller)
Here for the Cake by Emily Poule (Rom-Com)
"If you’re only going to write when you’re inspired, you may be a fairly decent poet, but you will never be a novelist — because you’re going to have to make your word count today, and those words aren’t going to wait for you, whether you’re inspired or not. So you have to write when you’re not “inspired.” … And the weird thing is that six months later, or a year later, you’re going to look back and you’re not going to remember which scenes you wrote when you were inspired and which scenes you wrote because they had to be written. "
Book Geek Quote #552
Teen/YA Fiction - Week of July. 22, 2014
Sci-fi and Fantasy- week of July.22, 2014
readingismywholelife tagged me in this. I am always bad at this, because I NEVER know what to ask, but here it is.
1. Always post the rules
2. Answer the questions the person who tagged you wrote and write 11 new ones.
3. Tag 11 new people! (ok, i am not doing 11, because i don’t know of 11 ppl who will not get mad at me lol)
4. Actually tell them you tagged them!
5. Please put my url in the tags! - i want to see your answers!
1. The name of the first person you kissed?Florence, cuz I assume my mom is the first person to kiss me, though it could be that nurse Naomi aka the nurse who was soooo nice to her she named me after her.
2. The first book that you really remember falling in love with? I read, re-read and then read again The Outsiders by S.E Hinton.
3. Currently reading? Just closed my nook out on Silver Shadows by Richelle Mead and lets just say I love it.
4. Do you prefer reading or writing? What is this? Sophie’s Choice?
5. Your favorite drink? I have to have a hot cup of lipton tea every morning or I will get a migraine. I even shipped two boxes to Ireland with me when I studied abroad there. :-)
6. If you could be inside any book, what book would it be and why? Let’s be honest. Order of the Phoenix. Because, I was made to be a member of Dumbledore’s Army.
7. Favorite singer/band? The Rolling Stones
8. What was the last book you bought? Barnes & Noble Collector’s Edition of The Fault in Our Stars
9. Favorite book blog media platform? Goodreads. I love Tumblr, but I get 90% of my book recs from goodreads, also, it tells me when books are coming out and helps me keep track of what I’ve read.
10. Do you have a YouTube channel or do you just browse? I have one from college, that I barely ever use and has no book connections whatsoever.
1. Book you hate that everyone else loves?
2. Insta-read Authors?
3. Currently reading?
4. Favorite place in the world?
5. What’s the number 1 thing on your bucket list?
6. TV show or movie that is better than the book?
7. What is your guiltiest pleasure?
8. Favorite flavor of Ice Cream?
9. Favorite website?
10. Best thing to do on a free afternoon?
Penguin is giving away a copy of Magic Bites (Kate Daniels #1) by Ilona Andrews!!! I love this series, as you guys know! Here are my reviews for Magic Breaks, which is the newest book in the series. Just from my gushing you’ll see that you need to win this book and start this epic adventure! So, enter. No, rules. IT’S A RAFFLECOPTER GIVEAWAY! REBLOGGING OR LIKING DOES NOT QUALIFY! (US ONLY!)
Synopsis:When the magic is up, rogue mages cast their spells and monsters appear, while guns refuse to fire and cars fail to start. But then technology returns, and the magic recedes as unpredictably as it arose, leaving all kinds of paranormal problems in its wake.
Kate Daniels is a down-on-her-luck mercenary who makes her living cleaning up these magical problems. But when Kate’s guardian is murdered, her quest for justice draws her into a power struggle between two strong factions within Atlanta’s magic circles.
The Masters of the Dead, necromancers who can control vampires, and the Pack, a paramilitary clan of shapechangers, blame each other for a series of bizarre killings—and the death of Kate’s guardian may be part of the same mystery. Pressured by both sides to find the killer, Kate realizes she’s way out of her league—but she wouldn’t have it any other way…
"I think the difference between a lie and a story is that a story utilities the trappings and appearance of truth for the interest of the listener as well as of the teller. A story has in it neither gain nor loss. But a lie is a device for profit or escape. I suppose if that definition is strictly held to, then a writer of stories is a liar—if he is financially fortunate. "
John Steinbeck, East of Eden
Book Geek Quote #551
WHY ARE BOOKS NOT WATERPROOF
I WANT TO READ IN THE SHOWER
AND TO PROTECT MY BOOKS FROM MY TEARS
IT’S 2012 WHY ARE BOOKS NOT WATERPROOF.
IT’S 2013 WHY ARE BOOKS NOT WATERPROOF OBAMA FIX THIS.
I’m working on it
You’ll never hate the Percy Jackson movies like Rick Riordan hates them